Hi there,

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Scott Alexander wrote:

> Why is it Netscape displays the pop up authenticate window when the
> user enters the wrong password. But Internet Explorer displays my
> 401.html page if I return an AUTH_REQUIRED; from my AuthAny.pm

This really isn't the place to discuss the multitude of differences
between and faults in browsers.  You will certainly find more as you
travel this path.  All you can do is try to code in such a way as to
offer your users as little frustration as possible.

For some insights into browsers and their ways, see for example
"Professional JavaScript" ISBN 1-861002-70-X.

73,
Ged.