Hi there,

Like the new target for make!

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Paul Lombardo wrote:

> I can get the Makefile.PL to fire without any trouble, but EVERY time I run
> make I get:
>
> *** Error code 1

> any ideas what I am doing wrong?

I think this is what you're doing wrong:

> We have Solaris 2.5
> perl 5.6
> apache 1.3.6
> mod_perl1.24

:)

Grab yourself the latest of everything (Apache is now up to 1.3.17 and
you might need patches for that OS!)  and look in the archives of this
List for the things people have done to compile on Solaris.  Create
new directory source trees for example:

 /export/home/apache_1.3.17
 /export/home/mod_perl-1.25

and run 'perl Makefile.PL' from within the /export/home/mod_perl-1.25
directory.  Don't forget to build everything (including Perl) with the
same compiler.  gcc is recommended but I think you can do it with
others.  You might need to mess around with compiler flags.

You could have helped yourself by reading .../mod_perl-x.xx/SUPPORT
which mentions the Guide:

http://perl/apache.org/guide.

It's a lot of reading but well worth it.

73,
Ged.