"S.tygian B.lacksmith S.tudios" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been having some troubles with the SSI and XSLT examples in the /eg/
> directory in my Apache::ASP installation: the SSI example works to a point,
> but there's an extra opening comment tag ("<!--") that appears at the end of
> the file, after the closing tag for the html element. The XSLT problem is
> worse - it won't work at all. The process seems to loop and finally short
> out.

Would you please send me separately the output of the HTML, and the
source file itself for the ssi example.  I thought I fixed a bug in
there but perhaps not.  Actually, if you'd like, I'll email you separately
my dev 2.11 release which may fix your SSI problem, as the content length
was being set when it shouldn't be in 2.09 while filtering, and this may
be the issue, especially if viewing in IE I believe.

> Excuse me if I'm missing something obvious here. I'm still a bit green with
> these things. :(

You have done remarkably to get this far!

> Any ideas what could be causing the problems? I'm guessing that the odd
> opening comment effect is related to the $Response->End() call in the
> "virtual" include in ssi_filter.ssi, but I'm at a loss as to what could be
> causing the problems with the xslt.xml example.

For XML::XSLT, I would recommend sticking with the .24 release from the
Bundle::XML, or which you can download from the SourceForge site
for it.  Sorry no URL handy.  The issue seems that the new XML::XSLT
module maintainer has harshly deprecated the old API I used, and
may have broken some things in the process.  I found .32 not to work
on my own Linux box, where .24 still does.

I will need to rewrite the XSLT interface for Apache::ASP for the
lastest XML::XSLT, and while I'm at it, I think I will be adding
support for XML::Sablotron, for those that need the speed.  I may
also add a caching layer to keep the pace up, as XSLT tends to
be rather slow.  I had a Tie::Cache RAM cache before, and I'll
likely add a file based cache instead as that is more appropriate
for these kinds of large slow data sets.

--Josh

NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring   Huntington Beach, CA  USA