I'm working on a module that will provide a handler to do a series of
tasks. The tasks are all contingent on the request body, and thus all the
requests will be going to the same location, say, /DISPATCH. I know that I
can set this up as a simple PerlHandler and manage it at the response stage
in the transaction. However, I'm wondering if there is any benefit to be
had by intervening at an earlier stage, since there is (by design and
definition) no other interaction with Apache. No content negotiation,
etc. My goal is to streamline the process at the server end as much as
possible, so that I can then focus on the module itself.

Randy
Randy J. Ray      | Programming is a Dark Art [...] The programmer is fighting
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | against the two most destructive forces in the universe:
415-777-9810 x246 | entropy and human stupidity. --Dr. Damian Conway