"Jason Terry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I know this isn't really a mod_perl problem... but I also know that this list is
>probably the most likely to have other people who
> have exactly this issue on their machines....

I wonder if putting a thin apache on the front of a very limited fat
apache would at least get you somewhere near where you want to be. If
someone hits stop before something gets passed to the fat apache, will
it get tossed completely?

Having a maxclients limit on the fat apache will keep memory and CPU
usage sane.

--
Dave Hodgkinson,                             http://www.hodgkinson.org
Editor-in-chief, The Highway Star           http://www.deep-purple.com