On Sun, 4 Mar 2001, Pierre Phaneuf wrote:

> Good one! The only bad thing I see is that the realm is visible in the
> dialog box the user see, isn't it? Seeing a random string might be a bit
> unsettling for the user, but there is no technical reason for it not to
> work.

Well, since the only requirement is that it is different from the last
Realm you sent, (ie it doesn't need to be unique across all users), you
could easily use the date and time.  Something like

Secure Area (Mar 5, 2001 10:51:02)

This would have the side effect of also telling you when the user logged
in.  You would have to check the RFC to see what the size limit is on a
Realm.

--
Cees