you should have been able to find a number of threads that address basic
DBD::Oracle problems under mod_perl, though I haven't seen this particular
ORA_OCI.al error before.

at any rate,

FAQ of the week

  o I'm trying to use DBD::Oracle under mod_perl on linux - it works
    just fine standalone, but not under mod_perl...

    There is a problem with the Makefile produced by DBD::Oracle 1.03
    and above: it does not pass the -R$ORACLE_HOME/lib option to the
    linker.  There are a few solutions, requiring either running
    ldconfig or editing Makefile.PL - all are can be found in the
    mod_perl or DBI users list archives ([16] for example)

[16] http://forum.swarthmore.edu/epigone/modperl/grahsehspor

HTH

--Geoff