Ryan McKee wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> At first I had problem figuring out that there were actually 2 servers
> running,  a perl server on 8200 and the regular server on 80.  I changed
> the mod-perl to run on port 80 along with httpd.  I also set the
> documentroot's to both being /var/www/html/.  I've been testing stuff in a
> directory under html.  I copied the sample .htaccess file that came with
> Apache-ASP-2.00-2mdk into that folder and restarted the server using init.d
> cuz i finally figured out that you can't just start and stop the damn thing
> cuz it won't load the mod-perl server(least for me anyways).  Now when i
> goto my server ie www.chaos-storm.org/tim/ i get a 403 forbidden.  I can't

Hey glad you got this far.  Sorry to not get back to your mail yesterday,
was pretty busy.  That 403 might be because of some

<Location />
  order deny,allow
  deny from all  <-- comment out
  allow from all
</Location>

> Also as long as I'm writing, I did some tests in the sample directory that
> Apache-ASP-2.00-2mdk created ./site/eg/, while running there scripts I
> keeping track of /var/log/httpd/perl-error_log, I would see massive lines like
> [Thu Mar  8 13:46:55 2001] [error] [asp] [836] [debug] Application_OnEnd
> It says error but also debug.  I was trying to figure out if this is a
> problem or if it's just running everything step by step so you can debug
> your code if your having problems.  If this was normal is there some way to

Congrats, you did it, mod_perl + Apache::ASP, no easy task eh!  The
messages are just there to help you see what ASP is up to.  The
global.asa Application_OnEnd event is doing something and letting you
know.  In your real ASP app, you don't need to have any of that stuff
in the error log, and can control the verbosity with the Debug setting,
I'd recommend Debug 2 for development, and Debug 1 or 0 for production.

Debug 2 tries to print a pretty error message directly to HTML.
A negative debug, like Debug -2, picks up system level debugging.
I leave that turned on for the examples so when users get odd
errors, I can get a quick trace from them.

The Debug 3 settings gives you microtimes in the trace logs
if you have Time::HiRes installed, which can be particularly
helpful if you are performance tuning.

I would recommend going through the docs at

  http://www.apache-asp.org

--Josh

NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring   Huntington Beach, CA  USA