From: Joshua Chamas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 09 March 2001 20:23
To: Gareth Westwood
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Testing problems with apache::asp 2.03

Gareth Westwood wrote:

>         Could you please advise me of what is going wrong (am I being to
> impatient) and how I can go about fixing the problem. I am still a little
> bit of a newbie so please don't be to technical (or if you are, could you

Hold onto your patience, these things can be tough to work through.
You obviously have it though to get this far!  The first time I ran
into mod_perl in college back in '97 I gave up and didn't come back
until '98  :)

> PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib
> -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.00502/i386-linux-thread -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.00502 -e
'use
> Test::Harness qw(&runtests $verbose); $verbose=0; runtests @ARGV;' t/*.t
> t/application.......make: *** wait: No child processes.  Stop.
> make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
> make: *** wait: No child processes.  Stop.
> [root@test Apache-ASP-2.03]#

This looks to me like an operating system problem.  If
you have root access, the problem might be free memory or
swap issues.  This likely has nothing to do with Apache::ASP
or even perl, just that your machine was maxed out at
that time.  Don't rule anything out though.  On the
upside, you don't actually need to "make test", you
can just "make install", and if that works, I might
happily ignore the above issue.

--Josh

NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring   Huntington Beach, CA  USA