I am trying to use mod_perl 1.25 with Apache 1.3.19 on Digital Unix
version 4.0F.  When I build the DSO and try to load it into Apache, I
get:

Syntax error on line 486 of /usr/local/www/apache/1.3.19/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/www/apache/1.3.19/libexec/libperl.so into server: Unresolved
symbol in /usr/local/www/apache/1.3.19/libexec/libperl.so: PL_tmps_ix

This is with perl 5.6.0 (I tried first with 5.005_03).

When building perl on Digital Unix, the default is to build libperl as a
shared library instead of a static library.  This is called libperl.so.
I thought that mod_perl being libperl.so might be a problem, so I
renamed it to libmodperl.so, but that didn't seem to help.

It appears that Apache is not loaded the perl library when loading the
mod_perl DSO for some reason.  I would prefer to keep mod_perl as a DSO
(I have several instances of Apache on this server, and I only want
mod_perl available in one of them, and it makes upgrading MUCH easier if
there is only one Apache binary).

Any ideas?  Anyone else using mod_perl as a DSO with libperl as a shared
library?
--
Chris Adams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>