On 27 Mar 2001, tom joseph wrote:

> Hello there..
> Could u suggest a way to update a session variable.
> At present it is not possible for me to update a session variable from
> any other page.  I thought it would be automatically updated when i do a new
> insertion into the session variable which in my case is a hash.  Is there any
> other way. Could anyone please help.
>
> I am using the module Apache::Session::MYSQL.

You don't give us much to go on, but I'll give it a shot.  I seem to
remember that Apache::Session only does a very quick check to see if
anything has changed in the session object.  Here is an excerpt from the
Docs:

> Note that Apache::Session does only a shallow check to see if anything
> has changed.  If nothing changes in the top level tied hash, the data
> will not be updated in the backing store.  You are encouraged to
> timestamp the session hash so that it is sure to be updated.

So if all you are doing is changing one of the values in your hash, then
Apache::Session will not see a change and will not rewrite the entry to
the database.

Cees