"Bridges, Jon" wrote:

> I'm working on Windows 2000 and have finally managed to get the mod_perl and
> Apache::ASP extensions working. I can confirm this as when I open up .htm
> files with embedded asp everything works fine.
>
> However I come across a problem when trying to view .asp files as my web
> browser IE5.5 will try and download them.
>
> Has anyone got any ideas on why this is happening

Are you sure the .asp files are being executed?

If they are, then they send a Content-Type: text/html header
by default, so IE 5.5 should handle it.  Did you
get the examples to work in the ./site/eg directory?
They have .asp files there.

You can see the headers that are being sent by

  lwp-request -ed $URL

if content-type is being set and IE still doesn't get it,
I'm not sure what to say?

--Josh

NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring   Huntington Beach, CA  USA