On 20 Apr 2001, Wayne Pascoe wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to roll out some software by one of our 3rd party
> developers. I'm trying to find out if the scripts will actually be run
> through mod_perl and not as cgi's.
>
> The only config changes that they have specified to my Apache config
> is as follows :
>
> Alias /cgi-bin/  /real/path/to/perl-scripts/

Looks like mod_perl to me

> <Location /cgi-bin>
>         SetHandler  perl-script <- This right here tells Apache to use
mod_perl for scripts in /cgi-bin, which is really
/real/path/to/perl-scripts/

>         PerlHandler Apache::Registry <- And this tells mod_perl to use
Apache::Registry as the handler for scripts located in /cgi-bin

>         Options +ExecCGI
> </Location>

> They have not requested any settings like
> PerlWarn On
> PerlTaintCheck On
>

> There are also no use statements being required (eg use
> Apache::Registry() ) in the config.

You're not seeing anything in the config file that says use
Apache::Registry because it's being stated in the bit above...

> Is there any way to check that the scripts are being run through
> mod_perl and not as cgi's ?
>
> Thanks,

Hope that helps,
Sean