I'm experimenting with using Perl modules (.pm files) underneath
Mason components.

As far as I can see, the only way to guarantee that changes made in
the .pm are seen by the Mason code is to restart Apache whever the
.pm file changes.  This is true whether the "use" statement is in
handler.pl or in the component.

I believe the way this works is that the first time any Apache child
process sees "use Foo" that is the version of Foo.pm that will be
used by that process.  No subsequent "use Foo" within components will
have any effect during the life of that Apache process.

Am I understanding this correctly?