My Apache with modperl is acting weird with respect to memory usage.

When it first starts up, each process uses 10 MB of memory.

As time goes on, these processes' memory usage grows and grows. Right now
they're 20 MB (uptime 2 days). When I rebooted the machine two days ago,
they were using 80 MB each (shared memory, though). MaxRequestsPerChild is
set to 200.

Here are my startup.pl files; I was wondering if they were correct? (The
startup.pl in /home/animel is inside a VirtualHost container.)

root@trapezoid [/etc/httpd/conf]# egrep "startup.pl" *.conf
httpd_modperl.conf:PerlRequire /usr/local/apache/conf/startup.pl
httpd_modperl.conf:PerlRequire /home/animel/www/include/startup.pl
root@trapezoid [/etc/httpd/conf]# cat /usr/local/apache/conf/startup.pl
#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;

use DBI ();
use DBD::mysql ();

1;
root@trapezoid [/etc/httpd/conf]# cat /home/animel/www/include/startup.pl
#!/usr/bin/perl

# For security reasons, this file is owned by root.

use lib qw(/home/animel/www/include);

1;

-Philip Mak ([EMAIL PROTECTED])