So ApacheCon was cool and loaded with mod_perl talks. You gotta read Nat's
comments from the last ApacheCon about mod_perl at his journal:
http://use.perl.org/journal.pl?op=display&uid=29&start=5

Why? Remember last year we have talked about having a dedicated mod_perl
conference? And Nat promised us to make everything to have at least a
dedicated mod_perl track at the Perl Conference. Nat has kept his promise
and thanks to him we have a load of mod_perl talks at the upcoming TPC:

We have 6 tutorials (18 hours!)
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2001/pub/10/mod_perl_tutorials.html

We have 16 sessions (10+ hours!)
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2001/pub/w/os2001/sessions_modperl.html

Which gives about 28 hours of pure mod_perl. Nat rules!!!

So make sure to be there in crowds, so on the next conference we get this
amount of hours and more to cover mod_perl.

There are so many interesting talks to go to (not only in the modperl
domain), I really don't know what to do. I guess I'll end up jumping from
session to session, just to see people talking and then read the handouts
:( Oh, if you choose to go with Damian Conway's track, then you don't need
to worry.  You have him talking for almost all 5 days non-stop :) A good
choice :)

So to conclude this email, I want to thank Nat for giving us the mod_perl
track at the upcoming TPC, and hope that they will keep it in the future.

BTW, in Nat's story he incorrectly links to Doug's home page as a source
for mod_perl 2.0 cvs snapshots. Instead you want to go here:
http://perl.apache.org/from-cvs/modperl-2.0/ (you probably need to
subscribe to the dev list ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) if you like
playing with fire).

(Nat: it's too bad that this link at the top of my post will point to the
wrong place, after you add a few more stories, as there is no way to
directly link to the entry in your journal.)

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://apachetoday.com http://eXtropia.com/