On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Joshua Chamas wrote:

> > This is ApacheBench, Version 1.3a
> > Failed requests:        11
> >    (Connect: 0, Length: 11, Exceptions: 0)
>
> My experience with ab is that it needs content to be returned
> of identical length from one request to the next, so if your
> content is dynamic in any way, it may "fail".
>
> If there are any real Apache::ASP errors, they should show up
> in your apache error_log.

Thanks for clearing that up. There are no errors in my
perlhttpd.error_log, and when I changed the test script so that it
displays the exact same content every time, there were no more "failed"
requests.

I noticed something weird in my database logs, though:

010427 22:36:41  Aborted connection 2544 to db: 'animelyrics' user:
'animel' host: `localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
010427 22:37:14  Aborted connection 2546 to db: 'animelyrics' user:
'animel' host: `localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
010427 22:54:11  Aborted connection 2601 to db: 'animelyrics' user:
'animel' host: `localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)

Reading some other mailing list messages suggests that I did not do
$dbh->disconnect() properly. But I'm using Apache::DBI, so should I need
to do that?

-Philip Mak ([EMAIL PROTECTED])