On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Ken Williams wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Stas Bekman) wrote:
> >>
> >> Right, but it would be nice to point to an alternative. The module is
> >> called Text::Reform, by the way.
> >
> >True. Thanks.
> >
> >Does it have any problems with working under mod_perl? looks like a pure
> >perl to me.
>

> Damian claims to only ever write code in pure Perl.

I was told by quite a few people that this is because
of Damian academic background. With all the respect to Damian, it seems
that the functionality has a higher preference than performance at his
code. I've to admit though that the functionality is great :)

One of the people I had a bad luck to be in touch with, wrote an app using
Parse::RecDescent as a grammar parser. It was taking *only* a few minutes
to parse a big file. Which was quite innacceptible for the web app. I'm
imagine that if some of memory mangling parts of Parse::RecDescent were
rewritten in XS/C, it'll run much faster. But that might be not true.

Anyway, I don't see any reason why won't it work under mod_perl. It
doesn't have BEGIN/END blocks (e.g. FindBin doesn't work under mod_perl
for because it relies on BEGIN block to be recompiled on each request),
not tie, no globals (other than the standard ones).

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://apachetoday.com http://logilune.com/