>i could really use some dumbed-down tips on setting cookies
>during a redirect. boy, this is really getting to me.
>
>using apache 1.3.9 on debian 2.2/potato
>
>in trying to implement the concept of the Apache::Ticket*.pm
>modules from the Apache Modules (eagle) book in chapter 6
>(on pages 304+) i'm running into browser compatibility problems.
>SOME browsers (differs among platforms, too) see the forbidden or
>redirect codes and take action immediately, ignoring any
>set-cookie headers that are also sent.

[snip]

I stopped sending Set-Cookie headers... It became too confusing.  I
found that Javascript worked 99% of the time on every browser and
operating system with the exception of Lynx...  But if you're using
cookies anyway, you probably developing for the more common NS and IE
users.

Good luck,

Rob

--
As soon as you make something foolproof, someone will create a better fool.