Hi folks...

I've got an issue here that all the rtfm'ing on my part has not
been able to resolve :/

Here's the setup

RH 6.1
Apache 1.3.19
mod_ssl 2.8.1
mod_perl 1.25
php 4.0.4pl1

building all from source

So...

I first configured mod_ssl by pointing it at the apache source...
Then I configured mod_perl similarly and had it build apache for me.
After apache was built/installed, I compiled/installed php4
independently.

Now... the only way i've been able to start apache is to uncomment
the Load Module/Add Module directives for mod_perl in the
httpd.conf file. PHP and SSL seem to coexist fine.  But if I try
to enable mod_perl the httpd process exits without spawning the
specified number of apache processes.

I tried to debug it, but gdb shows pretty much the same thing:

$gdb httpd
GNU gdb 4.18
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and
you are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux"...
(gdb) break main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x8061312
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/sbin/httpd

Breakpoint 1, 0x8061312 in main ()
(gdb) n
Single stepping until exit from function main,
which has no line number information.

Program exited normally.
(gdb)

Any ideas?