On Thu, 3 May 2001, Barry Veinotte wrote:

> [Thu May  3 15:06:57 2001] [error] Insecure dependency in open while
> running with -T switch at
>/usr/local/www/vhosts/ad-eagle.com/cgi-bin/ad-eagle/lib/AdEagle.pm line 472.
>
> The scripts using the .pm are running under Apache::Registry and have been running
> fine. Then last night a "major" upgrade was done to the servers. Now the scripts are
> dying with this error. None of them are running -T   I don't think any on the server
>are,
> and know none under Apache::Registry are.
>
> Only Apache::Registry scripts are being affected. Anyone have any ideas as to
> where I could start looking?

Check your Apache config files for  PerlTaintCheck On, and check all your
registry scripts for the -T switch.  Also, taint checking is automatically
turned on when scripts are run setuid (I don't know if that can affect
Registry scripts, but it's probably worth checking the file permissions on
all your scripts and modules)

Cees