Hello,

GY>sorry for the OT, but has anyone figured out how to tell whether a browser
GY>supports 56 or 128 bit encryption?  Apparently, users of IE with 56 bit,
GY>when entering a 128 bit page, get the standard Cannot Find Server error page
GY>with little in the way directions to help the EU know to upgrade.
GY>
GY>has anyone battled this and come up with an elegant solution?

Mainly, this just sucks. One possibility is that on any page the user is
supposed to hit BEFORE going SSL, to have a warning if the browser sniffs
to be a recent IE. I would just add the warning for any IE browser. It's
harder if your entire site is SSL. I'm hoping someone will answer with a
better solution than dumbing down encryption altogether.

Humbly,

Andrew

Andrew Ho               http://www.tellme.com/       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Engineer                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]          Voice 650-930-9062
Tellme Networks, Inc.       1-800-555-TELL            Fax 650-930-9101