php has a function called extract which takes an array (no distinction
between arrays and hashes in php. in this case in perl, it'd actually be a
hash). extract takes the key values of the array (and optionally prepends a
user specified prefix to each of the values to avoid clobbering other values
in the symbol table), sets each of them up as a variable with that name and
sets the variable's value equal to the value of that associated key in the
hash. the beauty of extract comes into play when you want to use each of the
key/value pairs in the array. instead of setting them up one at a time, pass
the array to extract and voila, you have all of the key/value elements
available as variables. if my description is too unclear, you can check the
extract functions info at http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.extract.php.

does embedded perl sport a similar function?

my apologies if i've posted to the wrong list. i did cross post to the
embperl list, to cover all of the bases.

:: jason n perkins
:: email -> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
:: web -> www.somebodydial911.com