The reason I have used them in the past is that it is easier to do things
like widgets. TT and many pure template systems don't seem to have as much
of a widget concept when it comes to form variables.

It's nice to know that if you print a radio button form element using
CGI.pm, that if the value was set previously, CGI.pm knows how to print
which ones are checked and non checked and all that kind of crap.

At 06:18 PM 5/19/01 -0400, Larry Leszczynski wrote:
>Hi all -
>
>Just curious because it seems to come up a lot - for what applications
>have people run into a serious need for HTML generators ala CGI.pm?  (I'm
>not talking about templating systems, there's obvious need and practical
>use for those.)
>
>It seems like people like to use the HTML generating features of CGI.pm.
>I've generated a lot of HTML, and I haven't run into any situations where
>I would do something like this:
>
> >    print table(
> >        -align => "center",
> >        tr(
> >            td( "foo" ),
> >            td( "bar" ),
> >        ),
> >    ) ;
>
>instead of just doing this:
>
>print <<EOF;
>EOF
>
>Seems like the same amount of typing, it's easier (for me anyway) to read
>and understand, and faster.  What am I missing?
>

>Thanks,
>Larry Leszczynski
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Gunther Birznieks ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
eXtropia - The Open Web Technology Company
http://www.eXtropia.com/