On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 12:59:39AM +0800, kheeteck wrote:
> Hi Michael :
>
> I am really glad that you reply to my mail.. as i have been trying to solve
> this problem for quite some time....
> Hmm , however i think u slightly misunderstand what i mean..
>
> What i mean is...
> For eg,
>
> I have a html page which contains a form page let say allowing the user to
> enter certain values... like colorNo etc.
> This values would be posted to my server and the data would be stored in a
> database(mysql) together with a unqiue
> session id which would be generated. ( for this part i have finished and is
> working).
>
> Now comes the problematic part, after the values are submitted. I  want this
> value to be avaiable to me each time
> as user enter a new url from the browser( take note this url is not the
> content residing in my server.. it is any remote site url).
> The only way is to append a session id at the url.
>
> So for instance.. after the user finished entering the form page. He can now
> access any urls(remote site). How do i tell the server that this is the user
> who has entered the form earlier based on the session id generated. And for
> all the subsquent links... how can i append the session id.
>
> I would greatly appreciated if you could help me out..
> Really thanks to you

Have you considered using cookies?  They're designed for just this
purpose, and are much simpler to use in general.

   Julian

         Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, Queen Mary, Univ. of London
       Debian GNU/Linux Developer,  see http://people.debian.org/~jdg
  Donate free food to the world's hungry: see http://www.thehungersite.com/