[EMAIL PROTECTED] (allan) wrote:
>im aware of the head/HEAD problem that comes with LWP on mac osX and
>have therefore copied a binary head that ken williams sent me into
>/usr/bin and moved the lwp head into /usr/local/bin.

Looks like that problem still isn't fixed, as shown by the following
error message:

>Usage: head [-options] <url>...
>    -m <method>   use method for the request (default is 'HEAD')

You may have a different PATH than I do, or different capitalization on
the binary files.  The upshot is that when you run the 'head' command,
it *must* run the /usr/bin/head program I sent you and not LWP's 'HEAD'
script.  Here's a transcript from my shell, what does yours say?

   [localhost:~] ken% which head
   /usr/bin/head
   [localhost:~] ken% which HEAD
   /usr/local/bin/HEAD

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                            The Math Forum