> On Wed, 30 May 2001, Ged Haywood wrote:

> called
> even
> >
> added a fake parameter of like "&ie=x.pdf" to the end of the URL IE3 would
> refuse

Just to confirm this - I've recently had the same experience with ie5/mac
calling a real media file delivered through cgi.  Had to use the same
"?...&fakeparam=.rm" cop-out.

I'm sure Microsoft probably see this a feature though.  Just like they've
always see their blue screen of death as a feature.

R.

--
Rafiq Ismail

Software Engineer and Systems Administrator
http://www.codix.net

"All the best people in life seem to like Linux." - Steve Wozniak