Hello,

RS>Strange numbers appeares, when I use HTTP 1.1 protocol to get response
RS>from my mod_perl server...
RS>
RS>What does mean number 1 before line "1234567"? And what does mean 0
RS>after all? Is there a way to cut off the line with number "1" and cut
RS>off the line with number "0"? I need only line "1234567" in response! It
RS>is vital for me!

The numbers are chunk sizes, which is part of chunked Transfer-Encoding,
part of the HTTP/1.1 specification. You should read this:

    http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec3.html#sec3.6.1

For dynamically generated content, there is no Content-Length (unless your
script sets one with $r->header_out('Content-Length' => $length) or you
use the associated method in Apache::File). In HTTP/1.0, the server closes
the connection after the script exists, so the missing Content-Length does
not present a problem.

With HTTP/1.1 Keep-Alive, the browser needs to know when to stop reading
the response. The chunked Transfer-Encoding sends chunk sizes, then
chunks, like lots of mini Content-Length fields.

Humbly,

Andrew

Andrew Ho               http://www.tellme.com/       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Engineer                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]          Voice 650-930-9062
Tellme Networks, Inc.       1-800-555-TELL            Fax 650-930-9101