>From: "Rodney Broom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> From: David Young <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> DY> I've found that if I post to this PerlAccessHandler, I get no response:
> DY>     $r->header_out(Location => "http://www.modperl.com/";);
> DY>     return REDIRECT;
>
> - Are you actually wanting your orriginally POSTed data to make it to the
> redirected location?
> - Do you actually need CGI.pm?

Yes and yes. What I am actually doing is extending the cookie-based access
control ("TicketMaster") outlined in the Apache Modules book[1]. If the user
attempts to access a restricted area and they don't have a cookie, they are
redirected to a login page (courtesy of an ErrorDocument 403). Upon
submission (POST) of the login page, if their credentials are good, they are
redirected to their original destination.

The original example in the book uses a refresh header, but that briefly
shows a "please stand by" page that I was hoping to avoid. It was working
fine, and then I made some changes that placed my "new CGI" instantiation
above the redirect, and it stopped working. I finally narrowed the problem
down to the program I posted.

I still think something is wrong here with CGI.pm and mod_perl's
interaction, but I guess I will go back to using the refresh header.

--David
--
1. http://www.modperl.com/book/chapters/ch6.html#Cookie_Based_Access_Control