On Wed, 23 May 2001, Julian Gilbey wrote:

> Right, here's a patch.  This line of code was erroneously removed some
> time between version 1.21 and 1.25 of mod_perl.

see Changes:
"fix bug where Apache::send_http_header was resetting r->status = 200
thanks to brian d foy for the spot"

the problem is that setting r->status = 200 makes for bogus access_log
entries.

> (2) After this, it is used to record the status of the Perl script.
>     The perl_call_handler function in mod_perl.c takes a status value
>     of 200 to mean that everything has gone OK.

perl_call_handler doesn't check r->status, it checks the return value of
the subroutine.  using r->status is hack for Apache::Registry, which i
guess has not quite been untangled.  i will revisit the problem before
1.26 and see if we can fix both the response problem and maintain proper
access_log entries.  thanks for the patch, i know this particular problem
is painful, been there a couple of times already :(