It's pretty easy to get mod_perl running on Apache for windows because one
of the list members regularly makes a full binary distro available of
apache/mod_perl/perl all bundled together.

I think there is a link from the perl.apache.org homepage but I am not
sure. I've set it up before several times in the last couple years and each
time it seems to get easier (not because I am familiar with it, but because
the install seems to get better/more intuitive).

At 12:25 PM 6/14/01 -0500, Purcell, Scott wrote:
>Hello,
>I am on IIS and fighting ActiveStates .plex. It appears so buggy and flaky
>that I am losing development time.
>
>I want to try some code that is flaky on the IIS/perl .plex on the Apache
>mod-perl.
>
>I know I can download the apache web server in binary form and install it
>pretty quickly. After that what would I have to do to get mod-perl running?
>Is this a quick thing, or a long deal. Then I just want to take my clean
>code and see how it works on that platform.
>
>Is mod-perl just a perl module that I require in my scripts? Or is there a
>lot of server configuration?
>
>Please be honest and let me know,
>Scott Purcell

Gunther Birznieks ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
eXtropia - The Open Web Technology Company
http://www.eXtropia.com/