Hi Douglas,

> We have a CGI script which dynamically generates a certain page on our site.
> We want to include an SSI on that dynamically created page.  Is that
> possible?  We have two "AddHandler" statements for files that end in .cgi...
>
> Unfortunately, the dynamically generated page is not being server-parsed
> because the Include virtual statement is showing up in the HTML source (the
> same statment on a .shtml file, however, is replaced with the result of the
> SSI).

   We've been doing quite the same thing on our server. Our way out (maybe not
the best one; I'm waiting for the list's answers :-) is to generate the dynamic
page (step one, which you're obviously doing) and then, at the end of this phase
of the request, generate an internal redirect to the newly created page.
   This way, Apache processes the dynamic/SSI page, just as if it were
requested by the user.
   Maybe that's a little heavy (but it's still better than sending an external
redirect to the user's browser !)
   Hth,
-- Pierre-Yves Bonnetain - CTO - http://www.rouge-blanc.com
   Fastest wines in Europe !