>Hi all,
>
>create a new dbh for every process. I've looked at IPC::Shareable, but =

 why is a new dbh for each process a problem? how else would it work?

>it has to copy data. Meaning that I can only have a certain amount of =
>complexity to my data structures.

 I'm not sure why IPC::Shareable doesn't work, but maybe if you explain the problem
 we can help.

 I've had the best success with BerkeleyDB for most tasks, I like the balance of
simplicity,
 speed, locking, and concurrency.  Just be sure to use BerkeleyDB and not DB_File, ok?

 You might also take a look at Cache::Cache for some sessions.

 There are also a number of modules that provide persistance frameworks: Alzabo,
 Persistent::*, Tangram, Storable. See Data Type Marshalling and Persistent Storage
 in the Modules list on CPAN: http://www.cpan.org/modules/00modlist.long.htm

 Let me know how it works out.

 Aaron