Title: AuthCookie expansion

modperlers,

We have been using AuthCookie (very successfully) for web site login
with user accounts held in an Oracle DB.

With expansion, what we would now like to do is have one login screen,
then, depending on a user attribute's, redirect to a different version
of the website.

E.g. using opening page: http://www.server.co.uk, if user 1 was of type
'red', they'd be logged in to http://www.server.co.uk/red, whereas
user 2, type 'blue' => http://www.server.co.uk/blue.
Each sub site would then be a different customised view of the data.

Now AuthCookie catches attempts to access unauthorised pages and
redirects to a login page. The login form has the destination url as
a hidden field and a redirection to this url is performed once the
credentials have been verified. What I would like to do is redirect
to a home page looked up from the database. The database lookup is
trivial but where and how is the best place to do the redirection
within the AuthCookie framework ?

We are basically looking for a point in the right direction, would
this be of use to others if a change was made to AuthCookie ?

Ta,

--Rich