From: "Purcell, Scott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2001 7:54 AM

> Hello,
> I am working with mod_perl and apache on NT (No ripping please ... it is a
> political issue here at my work.).
> Anyway, I have been trying to learn more about taking advantage of handlers,
> etc. I purchased the book "Writing Apache Modules with Perl and C", but it
> is NOT NT friendly. Most of the examples DO NOT work on my NT mod_perl.

How do you mean?  Of course stat() and other calls work a bit differently, but
most C/Perl programmers are already familiar with these distintions.  MS does
a modest job in documenting clib discrepancies between unix clib and msvcrt.
And the Perl/MSWin32 pages do a pretty decent job pointing out the big perl
gotchas between Unix and Windows.

OTOH, if you are asking about the operational differences for Apache itself,
the biggest is that the data you pre-create in the server init phase (some
mod_perl hacker can insert the modperl construct here) is not propagated in
the same manner.  The parent process runs it's init phase (twice), and then
the child process runs it's init phase (once).  Only the child processes'
init phase results are available to the actual requests.

> Anyway, I figure there has to be more resources than just that book. Does
> anyone know of any? I am looking for examples and techniques to get me
> rolling.

They should be helping you already, it's just that you need to know a bit about
NT clib/perl discrepancies before you can parse any examples out there, in book
form or from examples available on the web.

Bill