my setup:  I have files in a directory, that a user can only get if
        subscribed. My apache is hacked with both C and mod_perl
        enhancements to authentication/authorization. My .htaccess
        looks as follows:
                AuthName "library services"
                AuthType Basic
                <limit GET>
                require subscribe idc
                OnDeny http://myserver/refusals/idc.html
                </limit>

  the problem: when a unsubscribed user tries to go to:
        http://myserver/protected-dir/document.pdf
     and gets bounced to the refusal/subscription page (idc.html) I would
     like to know the refused page (/protected-dir/document.pdf) so I can
     send them back there when they subscribe.

  I don't see any way to carry this infomation? Am thinking about hacking
more so I can have an OnDeny line like
        OnDeny http://myserver/refusals/idc.html?refused=$URI

but feel like I am probably missing something!  THanks for any pointers,
    Bob Waldstein  [EMAIL PROTECTED]