On Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 06:00:24PM -0400, Geoffrey Young wrote:
> I actually use Text::Template for all my templating (sigh), and have such a
> wrapper (save just a bit of custom code).  I basically implement the HASH
> version and use a PerlInitHandler to set up the substitutions using pnotes.
> I can work it up into a more generic release if anyone is interested, but
> using Text::Template is really incredibly simple and it's just a few lines
> of code (and actually twice as long as it needs to be due to copious
> debugging), so I really don't think a release is warranted.
>
> In reality, I feel guilty every time I use it for not migrating to
> TemplateToolkit or one of the other systems available.

Why feel guilty for using something that works for you? I use
CGI::FastTemplate in most the stuff I write now and I'm quite happy with
it, since it gets the job done. I wrote my own wrappers around this
module too, like you and it works pretty well with the rest of the
framework I use.

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>
  mod_pointer <http://stderr.net/mod_pointer>