On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Kevin Schroeder wrote:

> Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 15:02:12 -0500
> From: Kevin Schroeder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: modperl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: CGI module or Apache
>
> Hello,
>     I've been using the CGI PERL module for a while now and I like
>     using it a lot.  But I was wondering if using that module with
>     mod_perl will slow things down because of the extra module being
>     used.  If so, is there a way to use the Apache API and mod_perl
>     to deal with form submissions, cookies and the like?  You'll
>     have to forgive me, I've been learning mod_perl off of the cheat
>     sheet at refcards.com.
>
> Kevin Schroeder

Kevin,

It's time to step up to The Guide (tm):

http://perl.apache.org/guide/

You can continue to use CGI.pm in mod_perl if you like, but you can
also use the Apache::Request object in almost the exact same way as
CGI query objects (at least for calling params() and the like for form
values).  You'll probably see a performance increase if you quit using
CGI.pm, but you can also make up a lot by loading it in the parent
process.

ky