Hello,

My apache segfaults when I start it in SSL mode and a page is accessed. If
it is started in standard mode, it runs fine.

I've been able to create a stable apache using apache 1.3.12-Raven
1.4.1-mod_perl 1.24 and perl 5.005_3. I think the problem is more in the
perl version than the mod_perl version. I've tried it with 5.6.1 with no
success; 5.6.0 scared me so I can't quite remember if I tried it several
months back.

I'm sure the problem is in how I am compiling it, with the most likely cause
being how I upgraded to perl 5.6.1 from from 5.6.0 on my RH 7.0 system. I
did it using CPAN, but it didn't seem to put the binary in the right place
for 5.6.1 to be recognized. So, I just copied the binary to /usr/bin/perl
where RH had put it. Then, I built apache/mod_perl/Raven and ran into the
above problems. The perl has run fine since doing the upgrades. mod_perl &
Mason run fine as long as I keep it out of SSL mode.

Could I have upgraded perl incorrectly? It is possible that I setup raven
before upgrading to perl 5.6.1 -- could this be causing the problem? If I
have upgraded perl incorrecly, how should I do it?

Any clues would be very helpful!

Take care,

Kurt Hansen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

P.S. Anyone else find the non-standard places RH puts things very annoying?
Seems kind of Microsoftian (rhymes with Faustian...) Or, maybe my brain is
just too small to do the conversion from the documentation to RH's file
system.