Doug MacEachern wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Alberto Canzi wrote:
>

> > Hi I need to use the ap_pool structure. In my Apache Module writing book
> > is explained how to use it in C but nothing is said about using it in
> > Perl.
> >
> > How does it work ? How may I use it in Perl?
>
> what do you need to use it for from Perl?
> much of the Perl api uses ap_pool underneath, and certain functions are
> exposed, such as register_cleanup, but normally you shouldn't need to use
> it directly from Perl.

I need to save some status informations about each request (in my
"filter" each request passes through 3 phases : PerlTransHandler,
PerlAccessHandler and PerlHandler. I do something at each phase and I
need to save somewhere  the status. Now I use $r->connection->user
that is persistent from the Translation phase to Handler phase ...
It isn't very nice, but works. There is in the request object (typically
called "$r") a field for my purpose ? (I thought to use ap_pool but I
didn't find any information about using it via Perl..)

Thanx, Alberto

--
Alberto Canzi
OpenFor s.r.l.