Hi all. I am relatively new to mod_perl so try to bear with me. I am trying to use
the AuthAny.pm module to provide some basic authentication. First off.. Do I put it in
the same directory as Registry.pm? That is where I have it now. In my httpd.conf file
I put the following in:

        <Location /tools>
                AuthName Test
                AuthType Basic
                PerlAuthenHandler AuthAny
                require valid-user
        </Location>
</VirtualHost>

I am running on a cobalt raq 3. Here is what I have in AuthAny.pm:

package Apache::AuthAny;
# file: Apache/AuthAny.pm

use strict;
use Apache::Constants qw(:common);

sub handler {
    my $r = shift;

    my($res, $sent_pw) = $r->get_basic_auth_pw;
    return $res if $res != OK;

    my $user = $r->connection->user;
    unless($user and $sent_pw) {
        $r->note_basic_auth_failure;
        $r->log_reason("Both a username and password must be provided", $r->filename);
        return AUTH_REQUIRED;
    }

    return OK;
}

1;
__END__

The error log message is:
[Wed Jul 11 09:04:59 2001] [error] (2)No such file or directory: access to /tools/
failed for nr2-216-196-142-76.fuse.net, reason: User not known to the underlying
authentication module

Am I missing something here? I am using the standard apache that came with the raq.

Thanks for any help!
Justin

==
Justin Rains