Sorry for what may be a newbie question but I can't seem to find any
solution to it.

I'm trying to get my apache web server up and running but everytime I try I
get a perl error about locale settings. I have tried the solution presented
in perldocs to get it to work but none were effective.

I'm using RH7.1, and have setup japanese language support (japanese kb,
sometimes I input japanese) with the Apache 1.3.19.

This is the error message I get:

[root@dev /root]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start
Starting httpd: perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
LANGUAGE = (unset),
LC_ALL = (unset),
LANG = "en"
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
LANGUAGE = (unset),
LC_ALL = (unset),
LANG = "en"
                                                         [FAILED]
[root@dev /root]#

My LANG is set en_US but mod_perl picks up somethign else, "en".

[root@dev /root]# echo $LANG
en_US

I have also tried to unset LANG, but still mod_perl thinks my LANG is "en"!?
I've tested this running just Perl, and that worked fine.

Where is mod_perl getting it's info from? How can I fix this?

Thanks for the help!

Jc