Hi there,

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, James McKim wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> In trying to upgrade a RedHat Linux7.0 system I inherited to Perl5.6.0

I'd suggest you go for the latest stable release, but I've had no
troubles with 5.7.x.  Grab the sources, delete all the Apache,
mod_perl and Perl source directories, build Perl from scratch, then
build Apache and mod_perl from scratch.  You shouldn't have any
trouble on Slackware unless it's been completely Bowdlerized.

Below is a makepl_args.mod_perl file for you to put in your mod_perl
directory, after building Perl and extracting the Apache and mod_perl
sources (say into /usr/src/apache and /usr/src/mod_perl respectively)
just do:

% cd /usr/src/mod_perl
% perl Makefile.PL
% make
% su
# make install

Some of the lines in the file below aren't really necessary.
Have a look at http://perl.apache.org/guide for loads more useful info.

HTH,

73,
Ged.

USE_APACI=1
APACHE_PREFIX=/usr/local
APACHE_SRC=../apache/src
DO_HTTPD=1
EVERYTHING=1
ALL_HOOKS=1
PERL_SSI=1
PERL_SECTIONS=1
ADD_MODULE=info,status,proxy
APACI_ARGS=--sbindir=/usr/local/sbin/httpd
APACI_ARGS=--sysconfdir=/usr/local/apache/httpd/conf
APACI_ARGS=--runtimedir=/usr/local/apache/httpd/run
APACI_ARGS=--logfiledir=/usr/local/apache/httpd/logs
APACI_ARGS=--localstatedir=/usr/local/apache/httpd/stat
APACI_ARGS=--proxycachedir=/usr/local/apache/httpd/proxy
APACI_ARGS=--enable-module=rewrite
APACI_ARGS=--enable-module=include
APACI_ARGS=--enable-module=info