Hi all,

We currently use (close to) the latest Apache / mod_perl environment on
HP/UX. Our holding company is forcing a move to Win2k :/, but they still
want to use our mod_perl apps :).

I was looking for more information on mod_perl 2.0 today but didn't come up
w/much. I have several questions. If you can answer or point to docs, I
would be most appreciative.

1) Is moving to mod_perl 2.0 going to require large code changes (even on a
*nix system)?

  1a) Are there any web sites detailing the types of changes that will be
required?

2) I am aware that Apache 2.0 should see a performance increase on NT. Will
I be a able to run my current modules in this environment?

  2a)Will it be a "production level" environment?

  2b) What will be the performance repercussions (if it will be possible at
all)?

3) Is there any commercial company that would provide tech support contracts
in this environment (not that I've needed it so far, but the uppers like the
safety net)?

4) Is the code base stable enough that I can compile and test this out (I
really can't even find a site that deals w/ mod_perl 2 in any detail -
probably looking in the wrong places - I would think that perl.apache.org
would mention something? - am I blind? )

Best Regards,
Dave
Webmaster
MACtac IT

"Language shapes the way we think, and determines what we can think about."
-- B. L. Whorf