Hi,

If I'm interpreting you correctly, you'll find that your scripts are
actually executing correctly, you're simply not capturing their output,
which, presumably, is what you want.  The mod_perl docs mention that you
can solve this by recompiling your perl installation to support sfio, but
I've always found this a little extreme.
My prefered solution is to use a perl module called Apache::SubProcess
(search on CPAN) which redefines system()/exec() to work from within a
mod_perl script.

Cheers,

Aaron