Stas Bekman wrote:

>>>Maybe the guide should include links to the most mature peristence
>>>abstraction layer projects out there:
>>>- Class::DBI
>>>- Alzabo
>>>- Tangram
>>>- SPOPS
>>>

>I suppose that could fit into the help.pod. Otherwise it's not directly
>related to mod_perl, and the guide has to start shrinking rather than
>growing.

That's fine.  The guide has become sort of a catch-all for web site
building techniques, and maybe that should be changed in the interest of
the maintainer's sanity.

>I'd also start working on the new docs for mod_perl 2.0, so I can see an
>extended chapter on databases and persistence layers in the users guide.

I vote to cover only the mod_perl specific stuff in there, as you said
above.

>Perrin, would you like to be the database chapter pumpkin?

Possibly.  We should talk more about what would go into that chapter
when you start working on the new guide.

- Perrin