Hello Michael A Nachbaur,

Tuesday, August 14, 2001, 12:27:28 PM, you wrote:

MAN> I really hope this isn't a FAQ, but I've lost more hair over this problem
MAN> than I really should have, which is why I'm here.

MAN> I'm using Apache::Session::File, and am setting a cookie for my sessionid,
MAN> and my code is currently running in plain-old CGI mode (one of the libraries
MAN> I'm using keeps segfaulting under mod_perl for some strange reason).  When I
MAN> visit the CGI, it successfully creates the session file in the /tmp
MAN> directory, and all subsequent accesses to the page successfully load the
MAN> session information from the right file on disk.  However, my problem is
MAN> that any value I set in my session is never updated on disk.  I have tried
MAN> explicitly calling tied(%session)->save and delete, to no avail.
MAN> Permissions look good, the disk isn't full, and obviously it was able to
MAN> access the disk in the first place since it was able to write the session
MAN> file to disk.

MAN> I'm about to go crazy here, since my application is working with the
MAN> exception of this crucial piece.  Any help anyone can provide would be
MAN> greatly appreciated.

MAN> System config:
MAN> Redhat 7.1, with stock Apache/mod_perl RPMs.
MAN> Stock RH7.1 Perl.
MAN> Apache::Session v1.53

MAN> -man
MAN> Michael A Nachbaur

On which level of session data you are changing ?

from perldoc Apache::Session

[snip]

       Note that Apache::Session does only a shallow check to see
       if anything has changed.  If nothing changes in the top
       level tied hash, the data will not be updated in the
       backing store.  You are encouraged to timestamp the
       session hash so that it is sure to be updated.

[snip]

may be this help you

--
WBR, Mike P. Mikhailov