I am using Windows NT, running apache with mod_perl.

The problem that I am having is that I am dynamiclly filling in the options
of a select box from a
database.  now when a user selects a value, I expect that value to be on the
URL, but it is not.  I
am currently saving the selected value to a hidden field, which does show up
on the URL.  Anyone
know the reason why.

I did come up with a work around but have now clue as to why it works.  here
is a bit of the javascript
that creates the select box and the html:

function populateComboBoxes()
{
        var sDisplayValue = new Array([+ $cmbClientKeyText +]);
        var sInternalValue = new Array([+ $cmbClientKeyValue +]);

        var arr = new Array(sDisplayValue.length + 1);

        arr[0] = "<option value=''>( None Selected )</option>";

        for (var i=1; i< sDisplayValue.length + 1; i++)
        {
                arr[i] = "<OPTION value='" + sInternalValue[i - 1] +"'>" +
sDisplayValue[i - 1] + "</OPTION>";
        }

        divUpdate.innerHTML = "<SELECT name='cmbClientKey'
id='cmbClientKey'>" + arr.join() + "</SELECT>";

}

this gets populated from the javascript above and is displayed to the user
style="display:block">
        <!--<select name="cmbClientKey" id="cmbClientKey">
        </select>-->

this one is not populated from above and does not get displayed to the user,
if this is removed then cmbClientKey on the URL line
is blank.
        <select name="cmbClientKey" id="cmbClientKey" >
                <option value=""> ( None Selected ) </option>
        </select>

cmbClientKey is needed in order of other combo boxes data to be displayed
correctly.

any ideals as to why this is happening.