--
To anyone that can help!

I have installed mod_perl 1.26 according to the instructions in the
INSTALL file.

I checked apache_xxx/src/Configuration, to see if the make had added
the following as it should have:
          AddModule modules/perl/libperl.a
It was not present, so I added it myself.

I also commented out ScriptAlias and added the following to my httpd.conf file:
***
# ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/Library/WebServer/cgi-bin/"

   PerlRequire /Library/WebServer/startup.pl

   Alias /cgi-bin /Library/WebServer/cgi-bin
   <Location /cgi-bin>
     SetHandler perl-script
     PerlHandler Apache::Registry
     Options ExecCGI
   </Location>

When trying apachectl start I receive the following error:
***
Syntax error on line 621 of /etc/httpd/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'PerlRequire', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
/usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Thanks,
Brett