On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Alex Povolotsky wrote:

> This is perl, v5.6.1 built for sun4-solaris
>
> # perl -V:usemymalloc
> usemymalloc='n';

that's fine.

> Seems like I'm suffering from dying children problem... My main apache
> dies sometimes, bringing neraly everything (well, except
> server-status) down.

how did you build modperl?  if USE_APXS=1 you may have missed this
other warning:

Your Perl is uselargefiles enabled, but Apache is not, suggestions:
    *) Rebuild mod_perl with Makefile.PL PERL_USELARGEFILES=0
    *) Rebuild Apache with CFLAGS="-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64"
    *) Rebuild Perl with Configure -Uuselargefiles
    *) Let mod_perl build Apache (USE_DSO=1 instead of USE_APXS=1)

the first option is the easiest cure.